Sunday, June 3, 2012

Crafts and Banana Bread



Over the past month we've been able to get involved with our church's orphanage. They have 10 kids ranging from ages 2-12. We have quickly grown to love these orphans! Could I adopt them all?!  I guess that's why we moved over here. We always receive many hugs. We have been visiting twice a week where Gabe will tell a Bible story and I will help them with a craft. They love making crafts and will either hang them up in their rooms or will give them to me or Esther. One time, I brought blank puzzles that they could draw on and they all ended up making them for me because it was my birthday. The other day I brought them banana bread muffins, which they have never had before. The oldest boy just kept looking at the muffin as if trying to figure out what it really was. One boy in his prayer thanked God that I made banana bread for them and that it tasted good. They liked it so much that they want me to teach them how to make it! So I translated the recipe in Russian with my language teacher and tomorrow I am taking the two girls with me to buy the ingredients and make it. Hopefully it will turn out well, it should be a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment